Tuesday, January 3, 2012

My Little Dry Brushed Dresser

I have had this dresser for a LONG time trying to decide what I wanted to do with it. I wanted something different but still something that was neutral enough to transition into any room in our home or another home if I decide to sell it someday. So finally settled on a creamy paint job, with a light green wash overtop and new hardware- and then ofcourse some distressing. Here is how she turned out!
This is what she looked like in her before shot...
I am satisfied with how she turned out and now she lives in my dining room for more storage...





Also here is a little treasure I made the other day out of this UGLY antique magnetic tray:
I told ya she was ugly...
so I gave her some paint and got the hubby to drill some holes, made homeade magnets from around the house and then put magnets on the back of the tray...

This flower pin used to belong to my grandma who passed away this past year- so this magnet is very special- the one below used to be a charm on my mother's braclet but she since the braclet is broke she doesn't wear it anymore and let me have the charm which is a pic of my sis and I about 26 years ago.



1 comment:

  1. I love the dresser and the tray is gorgeous!:) I have been inspired by you, and have finished a couple pieces and love doing it!

    ReplyDelete