Monday, August 2, 2010

White + Distressing = LOVE

Lots of projects going on in my home lately- mostly clients but I've worked on a couple of my own- the one I am most proud of and thankful to have checked off my list is my dining room table set. This is what it looked like before...
Nice but plain- plus one of the leafs of the table had a gigantic scratch on it so it wasn't very usable. I used a tablecloth on it most of the time but decided to attempt to make this set something I really loved and worthy of being around for the next decade or two. So I went through the headache of sanding and painting every square inch and I think it was absolutely worth it....

The distressing affect is what I love most...

So it's even ok for this table to have scratches- and even chips on the paint aren't hated after i take my little handy sanding block... I.AM.IN.LOVE.

Now onto a project I just finished....
This vanity is believed to be from the late 1920's- the chair and mirror (although they are both at least 50+ years old) are not original to it but I think we matched them up pretty well....







I really loved how this set turned out! Hate to see it go- but my living room is running out of room.
I will be working on LOTS of projects this week so be looking for some pics at the end of this week- some of these projects will be for sale!

1 comment:

  1. Hi, Is this vanity still for sale? How much are you asking???
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete